3.12.2012

Alien Abduction!!!!!!

The old blog has been pretty serious of late (mostly because I've been pretty serious of late), and I think it's about time we had a post with a little lighter tone.  And so, this evening, I will relate the tale of how my husband and I determined that I was abducted by aliens this weekend.  (Saturday night, or, considering when I went to bed, very early Sunday morning).

It all started with this:

Exhibit 1: Mysterious Bruise

So, yesterday morning, while in the shower, I felt a stinging sensation in my left wrist, like I'd scraped it on something.  The hubby and I examined said wrist, and discovered a large bruise on it (it actually looked worse than this yesterday).  It really hurt, and there was a big knot on it.  For a minute we wondered if serious damage had occurred, but it still moved okay.  Since I had no idea where it came from, we chalked it up to a clumsy Linda incident and went on about our business (I find random bruises on my body all the time.  A lot of it comes from walking into things and forgetting about it).

Until today.

While at work, I noticed something about my bruise, and texted the husband.  The following is a transcript of our conversation, and offers conclusive evidence that my bruise may have had extraterrestrial causes.

Me:  Just realized that bruise on my wrist looks like I had an iv and they blew my vein putting it in.

Jay:  Weird!  <8-O

Me:  That's what I thought.  Aliens?

Jay:  They do that stuff.

Me:  Now that I think about it, I didn't remember any dreams Saturday night....

Jay:  And you were *really* tired the next day... ;)

Me:  Definitely aliens.  ;D

Jay:  No nosebleeds though...

Me:  Oh, oh!  And I lost an hour!

Me:  Maybe they didn't inspect my nose.

Me:  God, I love you.

Jay:  May not have inserted the feeding tube if they only had an hour.  ;)

Me:  They stick that up your nose?

Jay:  :)  I love you too, my sweet little abductee.

Me:  This is so going to be a blog post.

Jay:  That's what I hear.

Jay:  Go for it.  The guys in black suits might try to stop you though.

Obviously, considering the missing memories, lost time, and of course, the suspicious bruising, it had to be aliens.

Why, no, we haven't been watching too much history channel.  Why do you ask?

In other, and completely unrelated news, guess what the current McDonald's Happy Meal is?

Ponies!!!

And before you go all, what's that thing on their heads, it's actually really clever.  Their combs clip onto it and you can hang them from stuff, like this:

Pinkie Pie, breaking the fourth wall, even when she's on this side of it.

Yes, I went to McDonald's and bought them all.  I am a sad, sad person.



But I have ponies.

2 comments:

  1. At least they were IV aliens, and not... well, anal probe aliens. >.>

    Also, damn you, I have to buy a Happy Meal now. n.n

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can just buy the toys, you know. The McD's by my house had all of them, so it only took one trip and waiting while the manager went out to the shed to get them. The clerk looked at me like I was nuts, though. I think he was pretty new, and hadn't had a collector come in yet. Embarassing? Yes. Worth it? Hell yes.

    ReplyDelete