2.05.2011

Socks, Fetishes, and Past Lives

I love my husband with all my heart.  I really do.  Sometimes I do have to wonder about him, though.  Especially when he acquires clothing for me.  He doesn't have a really good idea of my sizes, which is probably good, or I'd have a closet full of school girl and maid outfits.  Still, he does occasionally pick up cute things for me (other than ponies) and he seems to have shown an odd fascination in socks.  Now, while I have many girly tendencies, I also have enough male quirks that I often suspect I was a guy in a past life.  Chief among these is my ability to think like a guy, but there are other little things.  Like buying socks.

When I buy socks, I go to Walmart or Meijer and buy a huge pack of black or white socks.  All the same, that way I don't have to hunt in the wash for a matched pair.
This is what I buy when I get socks.   Usually I buy two packs.

I do own a couple pairs of knee socks, but only because I have this pair of boots that tend to chafe if I wear shorter socks.

A package arrived yesterday with socks my husband acquired for me.  After perusing his foot warming gifts, I promptly declared he had a sock fetish.


Rainbow striped over the knee socks.





Octopus socks.  The fact that they are men's socks doesn't bother me at all.


 These are also toe socks.


 Oh, look, over the knee toe socks.


Pink fuzzy toe socks.  I'm beginning to see a trend here.


 Okay, now these are awesome.  I have sharks eating my much better feet, ankles and legs right now.

These last two are the same sock in different colors.  I didn't even know they made thigh high socks.  And in order to really make them worth the bother I'm going to have to wear them with a skirt.  A short skirt.  

A very short skirt.  

Wait a minute....

Maybe that's not a sock fetish after all....


(socks and images courtesy of: http://www.sockdreams.com .  The ever so amazing hubby found the site.  I didn't even know there were stores devoted to socks.)

1 comment:

  1. Linda: I buy those same socks at "the WalMart". Warm, and easy to match. I must say, though, your hubby has good taste in socks!

    ReplyDelete