9.20.2011

Antarctic Update!

Just wanted to give y'all an update about the Antarctic plan.  If you'll recall, we've had to move the time table up due to the upcoming end of the neutrality treaty, but we should still have time.  However, I have had some new information that I really think we should consider and I thought I'd put it to you, oh wise invisible cats. 

Item 1:

Having recently enjoyed a stirring radio play rendition of H.P. Lovecraft's The Mountains of Madness, we may want to tread carefully when we hit the interior.  I mean, I know Lovecraft was a fiction writer, but it doesn't hurt to be careful.  I mean, we don't need elder things and shoggoths terrorizing everyone.  Worst case scenario, we just don't build domes there.

An artist's rendering of a shoggoth.  Of the many that Google images pulled up, I felt this one best captured the sheer unnatural horror of the thing.


Yeah, so in the admittedly extremely unlikely event that Lovecraft wasn't making it up, we should be careful.  Just in case.  So we don't get driven mad by horrors beyond our ken.

Item 2:

Crabs are invading Antarctica ahead of us.  Now, while, they have beat us to the punch, I think we can overcome this little obstacle.  I see two solutions.  Firstly, we subvert them to our cause.  I mean, think about it.  Crabs are horrifying.

Seriously, do you want this coming after you?  You can't say you wouldn't scream, at least a little.


The particular variety of crab that's invading is freaking huge, and totally nightmare fuel.  They have the potential to become strong allies.  Combine them with the giant squid and we have quite the terrifying army of sea life.

Alternatively, and this would be a lot of work, but I think it would be worth the effort for us all, crabs are tasty.  Let me say that again.

Crabs are tasty.

See where I'm going with this?  Even if they decline to be our allies, we can just kill and eat them all.  It's like dinner walking up to your door and saying, "Hi!  Eat me!"  This is a win-win situation here, my friends, and we would be fools not to take advantage of it.  Either we end up with a strong new ally, or we have another food source besides penguins and fish.  And, let's not forget that crab is an essential ingredient in many kinds of sushi, so we could, theoretically, also corner the market on crab meat, and use them to bolster our economy.

Think about it.

Linda out.

3 comments:

  1. *ties bib around neck and drags out the shell crackers*

    ... Dibs on tasties?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, if we decide to eat them there will be enough for everyone. We do have to keep some of them alive to breed, though, or we'll run out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *plots to ensure that crabs are against us so that we can have lots of tastiness*

    ReplyDelete