6.21.2011

Domestic Bliss!

As many of you know, the hubby and I recently acquired a house.  We're still in the process of moving in, but I have to say, I love my house. 

I really love my my house.

Did I mention I love my house?  Anyway, I thought I'd share some of the joy with you guys, post some pics and describe some of our plans, and likes and dislikes.  Well, not dislikes.  There really aren't any of those.  I mean, there's a few minor things, like there's too many plants in the yard (they've not got any room to breathe and could be arranged more aesthetically), and we have a fireplace we'll never really use, but nothing that we actually dislike.  Anyway, if there was it wouldn't matter--we own the place, so we can fix stuff like toilets (which were a problem in the previous domicile).

Anyway, let's go on a tour.  We'll skip some of the more boring parts, like hallways.  Also, I just realized I forgot to take a picture of the part of my studio that's in the garage.  Ah well, maybe I'll do a comparison between old and new later.

 

Behold!  Awesome house is awesome!
 

And to your left is the first floor master bedroom with massive closet and comfortably large bathroom.  

 

You'll pass a half bath, Narnia, and the stairs and enter the living room...


 ...and kitchen!  There's a nice laundry closet in the kitchen.  Convenient and surprisingly quiet.


As we head up the aforementioned stairs, you'll notice the half bath and a closet.  Inside this closet, you will find...


...a portal to Narnia!  Well, actually it just goes under the stairs.  But Narnia is more fun.


The stairs wrap around nicely to make a great landing for the cat the hang out on.

 
At the top of the steps there's the loom room.   The morning light is awesome.  Too bad I hate mornings.


You also have a lovely view of the living room from upstairs.  The floorplan is delightfully open.  Upstairs we have two bedrooms, similar to the master, minus the bathroom and with slightly smaller closets.


I'll spare you the rest of the upstairs, but I would like to point out this closet in the upstairs bath that I didn't even know existed until we'd been sleeping in the house for two weeks.

So, heading back downstairs and through the kitchen, we can step out into our fenced backyard (the one with too many plants).  


Most of the plants have flowers, though, so at least it's pretty.



And the highlight of the yard for me is the lily hiding in the corner.  I love lilies.

Things will be a bit neater and more comfy once we're in all the way, obviously,  but the house itself has a very cheerful and calming air about it.  Just walking in is like a breath of fresh air.  We have lots of space to run around in and there's plenty of windows, so it's not all dark like the apartment was.  And, of course, we're free of the tyrannical landlord at the house, and we also don't have the trash issues we had at the apartment.  The neighbors I've met so far are all very nice, and half the neighborhood has kids.  I like living in a neighborhood where it's safe for the kids to play outside, even at night. 

I love my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment