7.28.2011

Exploding Frogs and Pit Vipers

So, we've established that weird things happen when I'm unconscious, to the point where this morning I briefly considered renaming my blog "Ponies and Dreams", since those are the topics that get touched upon most often.  But don't worry, you will get more than that, whether you want it or not.  A friend told me my blog needs to be more focused, and he's probably right, but my goal here is to give you a fair representation of myself (and take over Antarctica, let's not forget that), not to get a book published and make money.  I don't need a blog to write a book.  So you'll be getting the Linda Roulette wheel, everytime.


I  suspect that wheel looks rather a lot like this.


Anyways, I bet you're wondering about the exploding frogs.  And pit vipers.  Sorry if there was confusion--there are no exploding pit vipers.  The frogs will have to do.

Last night involved a good number of fairly vivid dreams.  Thank you, subconscious for working out everything while I'm asleep.  I wouldn't mind it as much if I wasn't still a panicky wreck when I'm awake.  After the "I have to go back to high school to make up a few credits that I'm missing before I can get into college" dream, I had one this morning wherein I was creating a weapon that involved pit vipers and exploding frogs.  I don't remember the entire thing, which either makes this better or worse.  Either way, I had this large steel mesh basket full of the pit vipers and I had to boil them one or two at a time.  I was doing this in my Dad's garage, for reasons unknown to the universe.  I think I may have been boiling them in a water/gunpowder solution.  I'm not really sure, but I do know it didn't hurt the vipers at all.  And of course, they kept slipping out and I had to keep catching them and throwing them back in the pot until they were done.  And somehow a couple of characters from "Rent" were involved.


Specifically, these two, played by these actors.  I have no idea what they were doing there.

Anywho, once the pit vipers were boiled, I stuck them into some sort of container with the exploding frogs with a ratio of one viper to one frog.  I'm not sure exactly what the container was.  I think it might have just been a sack, although the hubby said he was picturing something more high tech.  Pretty much the way the thing worked was like this:

1) Throw the bag
2) Frog explodes
3) Angry pit viper escapes from bag
4) ???
5) Profit

Also, there was apparently a flood.  Swimming after the the escaped vipers and picking then up with the tongs I found Dad's garage was not fun at all.  I'm also not sure why they didn't bite me.  And, of course, I have no idea what a drag queen had to do with any of this.

Somehow, this was not a nightmare.

On a side note, since I'm now unemployed, posts might be popping up more often.

COMING SOON: Compare and contrast of old vs. new studio space!  Sailor Moon!  More tuna!  Less penguins!  and Plans for the domes in Antarctica! 

No comments:

Post a Comment