8.11.2011

New Studio Space!

So, we have a house now.  This means we have room for all our stuff for once, and room to do things.  I am particularly excited about my new studio space(s), especially when you consider what I had before.

To review (because I know I'd be too lazy to go back and look at the older post), here's my space at our last apartment:




Yes, I had a closet and part of the dining room, which rendered our dining table pretty much unusable for eating.  Not like we ever use it for that anyway, but it's nice to know that you could sit around it without having to move it.  Also, because it was a second floor apartment, I couldn't have my torch, something about open flames.  Not that I had anywhere to put it, mind you, what with the closet and all.

Now, I have all this:



This is the Loom Room.  It has enough space for all my books, my loom and my desk/beading station.  It's my clean art room, although I keep finding myself downstairs on the coffee table.  I blame the TV and my need for a table.  I'll be getting the latter soon, methinks, and I have space for it.  I have a sewing project in the works, and I'm not hefting my heavy sewing machine downstairs.  Also, as you can see, it gets great light in the morning, and pretty decent light in the afternoon.  The built in lighting is a bit dim, but a floor lamp fixed that problem, and gave me a place to put one of the many we had to have in the apartment.




My messy/hazardous studio space is also much bigger.  I get the whole garage!  Currently it's divvied up between painting and jewelry, and dyework and batik get done in the middle area.  I really need to get another table for down here, because doing dyework on the floor sucks.  Also on the list is to eventually get a sink installed.  It shouldn't be too bad, since there's a bathroom just the other side (I'm going to put it where the small cabinet currently is), but I'll have to get a plumber out for it, so it'll have to wait until I have money.  All the housey stuff is at the outsidemost end to keep it out of my studio.  Eventually there'll be a lawnmower there, too.  So exciting! 

Now I just have to buckle down and actually work on stuff....

NEXT TIME: Probably the Sailor Moon post that I still don't know why I haven't done considering my affection for the show and the sheer outrageousness and ridiculousness of the plot.  Or something else relevant to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment