1.18.2011

An Army of Invisible Cats

So, I have begun to come to a few conclusions about my darling readers and have a proposal for you.  I know you exist for three excellent reasons.
1) My self esteem is too low to imagine you don't.
2) My ego is too large to imagine that no one is reading.
3) The voices in my head are never wrong.
Now, there are several conclusions that I can make from this.  Firstly, you are all lurkers, since you read and never post comments.  That's cool, I tend to be a lurker myself.  Secondly, because I have never seen you, you must be invisible.  And, finally, because this is the internet and the internet is made of cats, you are all felines.  We can even take this a step further and say that you are all male felines, since everyone knows there are no girls on the internet.  Therefore, my readership consists of lurking invisible male cats.
And for those who doubt me, I'd like to present my evidence.

Urban Dictionary definition of lurker





And of course, the rules of the internet.  Rule 16 is the one pertinent to my argument.

So, that said, darling invisible cats, I would like to make a proposal.  I have plans to take over Antarctica, and I'd love to have an army of invisible cats help me do it.  Why Antarctica you ask?  But it's freezing cold!  you say.  Rest assured, my plan has been well thought out.  I had initially considered Australia, but there's all those people and I think they have a military and navy and what not.  Plus it was founded by convicts.  Is that really what we want to fight with?  Of course not.  Antarctica, on the other hand is populated by a few scientists, a bunch of penguins, seals, and apparently colossal squids.  I believe the latter can be persuaded to our cause and used to prevent naval based attacks.  Once we have booted all the scientists off the continent, we can then construct our domes.  Yes, due to the harsh conditions and the hole in the ozone layer above it, we shall live in domes.  The initial domes will be in the coastal regions, and we'll move inward as we build our supply chains and fishing technologies.  Then, once we have firmly ensconced ourselves in the southernmost continent, we shall move northward to conquer the rest of the world, who will have no defenses against colossal squid and invisible cats.  Who's with me?!

Silence will be taken as a solemn vow to join my army of invisible cats and to take over Antarctica.

2 comments:

  1. I'll only join in if there is gifts of catnip... and maybe a can of the gushy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I had figured the catnip, gushy food, and cheeseburger ration was a given. It will be quite generous, although it may be cut during dome construction as shipping costs will be outrageous and we won't have our own facilities set up. Fortunately, most cats also like fish, so we'll be set on our backup food supply.

    ReplyDelete