1.11.2011

What's Going On In the Studio

So, I figure in between bizarre dreams and snarky rants I'll try to post some updates of what I'm working on in my spare time.  I'm hoping this might actually help motivate me to work on my various projects a little more, and it'll show those of you who care the glorious new objects being created.  That, and I feel this weird compulsion to post crap to the internets for all to see lately.

That said, here's what's on the loom right now:


Exciting, huh?  These are my Christmas present for my brother and his totally awesome wife--a set of placemats.  The weave structure is a pattern I designed myself, based on the family name.  Bad things happened with warp tension (worse than what's going on right now) and I kinda had to lop off some warp, hence the delay.  Here's hoping I have enough yarn.


This guy wound up coming off in the whole warp fiasco, so you can get a better idea of the finished product.  The purple yarn at the edge is just a header and will be coming off.  The ends will still be fringed.  The pictures don't really do it justice because the color is off on my phone's camera.  The blue yarn in the background is actually the weft yarn, and the green yarn next to it is for placemats for Mom.

There are other projects going on right now, of course, but they're not in a state interesting enough to bother posting.  I'll try to post pics later on--I'm terrible at documenting my work, so maybe this will inspire some good habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment