1.10.2011

Probably a Bad Idea.... (or, sleep is a mixed blessing)

So the other night I had this dream where I was part of a small group of survivors and we had to perform a magic ritual to transport ourselves to the realm of the Dark Lord Azathoth so we could defeat him on his own turf and save the world.

Saving the world is a common theme in my nightly adventures, btw. That, and fleeing in terror from God knows what.

Anyway, I was the only one who could perform the magic ritual, so I made the magic circle and drew the magic glyph and POOF!  There we were, in the realm of the Dark Lord Azathoth.

For those of you unfamiliar with Azathoth, Lovecraft describes him as follows:
"[O]utside the ordered universe [is] that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes."
Yeah, that battle is going to go real well.

Anyway, as dream logic goes we find ourselves fighting against another faction of human beings.  About what?  Who knows?  Why?  Who cares?  They are the enemy!  They must be defeated!  So I come up with this brilliant plan to lead them to this spot behind some buildings overlooking a large drop off.  I lead the effort and trick them into position, where they are promptly massacred. Once I see the carnage and bloodshed I drop to the floor in horror, crying, "What have I done?" in a manner worthy of an Oscar.  The rest of my party looks askance for a moment, then runs off to play in the blood spattered snow, gleefully unaware of the body parts lying about.  Once I've calmed down a bit, I say, "Fuck this, we're going home." and begin drawing out the circle and appropriate glyph to return to earth.

And then I wake up and have to pee.  The end.

Not really, though, because I still remembered the glyph to get to Azathoth's realm when I woke up.  Here it is if you'd like to go.


Maybe you'll have better luck saving the world. 



Thank you, wikipedia for your wonderful insights on Azathoth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azathoth

 

No comments:

Post a Comment