1.16.2011

Puttering In the Studio

I like to refer to my work in the studio as puttering.  I'll do a little bit of this, and little bit of that, and pretty much just putter around.  Somehow, projects get finished.  Sometimes it's the big projects (like the placemats I'm working on), but if nothing else I'll usually get one or two throw away projects done.  And by throw away I don't mean trashy or crappy, but just little things that don't take long to do. 
Like this:





Behold, my fabulous dice bracelet and earrings.  Made from real dice, not beads in the shape of dice.  I broke two drill bits on these things, and also managed to stab myself with one.  There was blood.  It hurt a lot.  And I inadvertently flipped people off for a couple days, since it was my middle finger.  I picked up the dice at my husband's shop (Amazing Wonders Gaming and Hobby Center) and with some wire and superglue the rest was born.  I did discover yesterday that I made the bracelet one die too long, but that's nothing a pair of pliers won't fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment